It’s that time of the year again: Antwerp Pride and Antwerp Queer Arts Festival. Pride focuses on the second weekend of August: from Wednesday 10 to Sunday 14. AQAF runs from 5 to 28 August. In 2022, Antwerp Pride turns 15 and looks 15 years into the future under the banner of ‘Queertopia‘. AQAF hasn’t communicated a specific theme.
The main static area for Antwerp Pride is the recently renovated area at Zuiderkaaien of the River Scheldt, near De Gerlachekaai and Cockerillkaai. It’s the area for the Love United Festival and the Closing Festival. There is also a Pride Village.
It is open on Saturday 13, from 3 PM to 10 PM, and on Sunday 14 August, from 12 PM to 8 PM.
“Find out more about our partner organisations in one of the many information stalls and enjoy the summer beats. The Pride Village on the renovated Zuiderkaaien is a meeting place for like-minded people from within and outside the LGBTQIA+ community. Admission is free and everyone is welcome to explore our rainbow community and make new friends.”
Antwerp Pride 2022 & Antwerp Queer Arts Festival 2022
- Antwerp Pride 2022 theme, programme and schedule.
- Antwerp Queer Arts Festival 2022 programme and schedule.
- ANTWERP PRIDE 2022 | ‘Trail of Stories’ from 1 to 31 August.
- ANTWERP PRIDE 2022 | Opening concert night at OLT Rivierenhof.
- ANTWERP PRIDE 2022 | Antwerp Pride Parade on Saturday 13 August 2022.
- ANTWERP PRIDE 2022 | Love United Festival after the parade, at Cockerillkaai.
- ANTWERP PRIDE 2022 | Eurovision Song Contest royalty Johnny Logan at Antwerp Pride Closing Festival.
- Antwerp Queer Arts Festival 2022 from 5 to 28 August.
- Full edition ft. parade and festival days for Antwerp Pride 2022.
- Antwerp Pride 2022 from 10 to 14 August for a 15th edition.
- AREAS OF ANTWERP | De Gerlachekaai at the Scheldt.
- AREAS OF ANTWERP | Sint-Andriesplein.
- Antwerp Pride 2021: “Long time, no see”.
- Rainbow zebra crossings of Antwerp.
- Rainbow zebra crossing in Borgerhout.
- Antwerp’s LGBTQIA+ bookshop Kartonnen Dozen needs new location by September 2022.
- City chronicle ‘De kleur van de stad maakt mijn ziel amoureus’ recounts Queer Antwerp history.
- ‘Masculinities: Liberation through Photography’ exhibition at FOMU, Antwerp’s photography museum.
- ANTWERP | LGBTQIA+ bookshop Kartonnen Dozen looking for new manager or takeover.
- Antwerp’s LGBTQI bookshop Kartonnen Dozen looking for a new home.
- Antwerp’s LGBTQI+ bookshop Kartonnen Dozen wins Çavaria Media Award.
- PHOTOS | Rainbows lit Antwerp.
- Flemish LGBTQI+ press support rainbow community in Ukraine.
- ALLEMAAL ANTWERPENAAR | Antwerp launches campaign to motivate citizens to stand up against discrimination and intimidation.