June 2022. Although I have been in Mexico before, the last time was in 1994-1995. Twenty-seven years later, Oriol and I are doing a classic tour of the United Mexican States, featuring Mexico City (CDMX); Palenque in Chiapas; Villahermosa in Tabasco; Uxmal, Mérida, Chichen Itza, Ek’ Balam, Valladolid, and a few cenotes (waterholes) in Yucatán and Tulum in Quintana Roo. We returned via Cancún to CDMX and Amsterdam Airport Schiphol.
To visit Palenque, at time of booking, there weren’t many options. So we flew to Villahermosa. From CDMX we flew low-cost with Volaris on flight Y4 136.
So for a no-nonsense price, you get no-nonsense service. We checked in online, the bagage drop-off was semi self service and we just had to wait for boarding.
The airplane was a recently built Airbus A321. 2×3 configuration, with standard short-haul lergroom. These seets aren’t comfortable, but they also aren’t uncomfortable.
On this short 1,5 hour flight we received no drinks or snacks. It was a short flight, as is, I’m afraid, this review.
Volaris did its job. We got from A to B safely.
- REVIEW | KLM Amsterdam Schiphol to Mexico City on a Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner in economy.
- MEXICO CITY | Zócalo.
- MEXICO CITY | Templo Mayor.
- REVIEW | Hotel Carlota in Mexico City.
- MEXICO | Teotihuacan.
- MEXICO CITY | National Museum of Anthropology or Museo Nacional de Antropología.
- FORMULA 1 MEXICO CITY GRAND PRIX | Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez.
- MEXICO CITY | Museo Nacional de Historia at Castillo de Chapultepec.
- MEXICO CITY | Frida Kahlo Museum.
- MEXICO CITY | Coyoacán.
- Mexico City 2022.