From Thursday 27 October to Sunday 20 November, the Rivierenhof in the Antwerp district of Deurne hosts ‘De Grote Schijn‘, a light show. It’s a play on words as ‘schijn‘ can mean ‘shine’ but Schijn is also the name of the small river.
“‘De Grote Schijn’ is back. We will open our gates again in the autumn of 2022 for a titillating journey through the dark. A fairy-lit path leads the way, whispering trees enjoy with you. A piece of magic, hidden on the outskirts of the city”, the website says.
“In 2022, ‘De Grote Schijn’ will also be a unique total experience without words, with innovative gadgets and luminous emotions. Let yourself be guided along a completely new course with impressive techniques and mysterious surprises during this omni-sensory spectacle.”
- You need to book a time slot. Get your ticket(s) here.
- The route is some 2 km long.
- The hike starts at the Openluchttheater.
- Last entry is at 9.45 PM. Th park closes at 11 PM.
- You don’t need to bring a flashlight. Quite on the contrary.
- The hike is accessible to wheelchair users and is child friendly.
- There is a ‘whisper walk’ at 9.30 PM.
- Rain will not cancel an evening.
- There’s a ‘catering village’ at the end of the hike.
- No dogs allowed. They will not like the sparkling lights anyway.
- The sparkling and flashing light are perhaps not suitable for people with epilepsy.