It’s that time of the year again: Antwerp Pride and Antwerp Queer Arts Festival. Pride focuses on the second weekend of August: from Wednesday 10 to Sunday 14. AQAF runs from 5 to 28 August. In 2022, Antwerp Pride turns 15 and looks 15 years into the future under the banner of ‘Queertopia‘. AQAF hasn’t communicated a specific theme.
“Antwerp Pride works from a positive, solution-oriented and connecting attitude, with a lot of empathy for minorities and groups that are at risk of being marginalized. So expect a stage on the Opening Night where many different voices reinforce each other and make society sensitive to certain themes. Oh, and a blast of a party. You can of course expect that.”
Queer slam poet and artist Hind Eljadid and sports news heartthrob Aster Nzeyimana will host the event.
OLT Rivierenhof is an open air theater – OLT stands for ‘Openluchttheater‘ – in the Rivierenhof park in Deurne.
OLT Rivierenhof has a special place within the summer concert and festival landscape thanks to its unique location in the green, the website says. “From mid-June to mid-September you can enjoy more than 40 concerts – from rock, reggae & blues to pop, hip hop and urban in the enchanting open-air theater of the provincial domain Rivierenhof.”
“The magical place in the middle of nature appeals to the imagination of every concert visitor, and the authentic amphitheater makes the concert experience complete and unforgettable. In addition to performances by renowned national and international artists, you can enjoy a fresh drink, a tasty cocktail and delicious food in our large cozy bar. Something for everyone!”
Antwerp Pride 2022 & Antwerp Queer Arts Festival 2022
- Antwerp Pride 2022 theme, programme and schedule.
- Antwerp Queer Arts Festival 2022 programme and schedule.
- ANTWERP PRIDE 2022 | ‘Trail of Stories’ from 1 to 31 August.
- Antwerp Queer Arts Festival 2022 from 5 to 28 August.
- Full edition ft. parade and festival days for Antwerp Pride 2022.
- Antwerp Pride 2022 from 10 to 14 August for a 15th edition.
- AREAS OF ANTWERP | De Gerlachekaai at the Scheldt.
- AREAS OF ANTWERP | Sint-Andriesplein.
- Antwerp Pride 2021: “Long time, no see”.
- Rainbow zebra crossings of Antwerp.
- Rainbow zebra crossing in Borgerhout.
- Antwerp’s LGBTQIA+ bookshop Kartonnen Dozen needs new location by September 2022.
- City chronicle ‘De kleur van de stad maakt mijn ziel amoureus’ recounts Queer Antwerp history.
- ‘Masculinities: Liberation through Photography’ exhibition at FOMU, Antwerp’s photography museum.
- Antwerp’s LGBTQI bookshop Kartonnen Dozen looking for a new home.
- Antwerp’s LGBTQI+ bookshop Kartonnen Dozen wins Çavaria Media Award.
- PHOTOS | Rainbows lit Antwerp.
- Flemish LGBTQI+ press support rainbow community in Ukraine.
- ALLEMAAL ANTWERPENAAR | Antwerp launches campaign to motivate citizens to stand up against discrimination and intimidation.