Antwerp Queer Arts Festival (AQAF) has discretely announced its dates: from Friday 5 August to Sunday 28 August. Almost a complete month.
If there is a theme, then we can look at its slogan: ‘Our bodies are sites of limitless possibilities’.
Not much is communicated at this point. The banner on Facebook does mention some partners.
What is Antwerp Queer Arts Festival?
Antwerp Queer Arts Festival is a multidisciplinary arts festival, questioning gender and sexual diversity. It combines art with activism and academia. “For the past eight years, we have programmed both local performers and international talent within a variety of art forms: music, literature, film, dance, theatre, exposition, performance… We work with open calls and have a particular interest for new queer talent.”
AQAF is more than an arts festival. Collaborating with academia and activists, we create a space and a platform for people to express themselves and to meet others. AQAF is a grassroots initiative. It relies on community support to create the spaces and representation that we need. Your ticket purchase or donations directly supports queer performers.
Antwerp Pride 2022 & Antwerp Queer Arts Festival 2022
- Full edition ft. parade and festival days for Antwerp Pride 2022.
- Antwerp Pride 2022 from 10 to 14 August for a 15th edition.
- Open Call for contributors for Antwerp Queer Arts Festival 2022.
- AREAS OF ANTWERP | De Gerlachekaai at the Scheldt.
- AREAS OF ANTWERP | Sint-Andriesplein.
- Antwerp Pride 2021: “Long time, no see”.
- Rainbow zebra crossings of Antwerp.
- Rainbow zebra crossing in Borgerhout.
- Antwerp’s LGBTQIA+ bookshop Kartonnen Dozen needs new location by September 2022.
- City chronicle ‘De kleur van de stad maakt mijn ziel amoureus’ recounts Queer Antwerp history.
- ‘Masculinities: Liberation through Photography’ exhibition at FOMU, Antwerp’s photography museum.
- Antwerp’s LGBTQI bookshop Kartonnen Dozen looking for a new home.
- Antwerp’s LGBTQI+ bookshop Kartonnen Dozen wins Çavaria Media Award.
- PHOTOS | Rainbows lit Antwerp.
- Flemish LGBTQI+ press support rainbow community in Ukraine.
- ALLEMAAL ANTWERPENAAR | Antwerp launches campaign to motivate citizens to stand up against discrimination and intimidation.
- Darklands 2022 programme, schedule, gym and concert – 4 to 9 May in Antwerp.
- ANTWERP | Darklands 2022 set to go ahead as scheduled on 4 to 9 May.
- Darklands 2022 hints at postponement.
- Darklands 2022 introduces Puppy Walk through streets of Antwerp.
- Darklands 2022: 4 to 9 May at Waagnatie, Antwerp.
- Darklands 2020 was the last dance before COVID-19.