The Province of Antwerp is introducing an unprecedented curfew as a coronavirus countermeasure. No-one is allowed outside home between 11.30 PM (23:30) and 6 AM except for going to work or the hospital. Furthermore, all party’s and events are cancelled in the City of Antwerp and neighbouring municipalities.
Other measures are:
- Mandatory face mask or other covering (mouth and nose) in the public domain and where 1.5 metre distancing is impossible.
- Individual contact sports are cancelled.
- Team sports only for under 18s.
- Bars and restaurants must close at 11 PM (23:00).
- Bars and restaurants must guarantee 1,5 metre social distancing or provide some kind of shield or wall.
- Bars and restaurants must keep record of visitors during four weeks.
- No more ‘fun shopping’ at markets. Maximum 30 minutes. The same applies to all other shops.
- Telework (work from home) is mandatory.
No party’s or events
Plus, all party’s and events are cancelled in the Antwerp metropolitan area. This includes the City of Antwerp, Zwijndrecht, Stabroek, Kapellen, Brasschaat, Schoten, Wijnegem, Wommelgem, Ranst, Boechout, Borsbeek, Mortsel, Hove, Lint, Kontich, Edegem, Aartselaar, Boom, Niel, Schelle, Hemiksem, Rumst.
Gyms and party halls must close.
Stay in or stay away
Governor Cathy Berx asks people to stay away from the province or to stay in. But it’s not a formal rule.