The Österreichische Bundesbahnen (ÖBB) or Austrian Federal Railways and their Swiss colleagues SBB-CFF-FFS present a map of their future Austro-Swiss night train plans for Europe in 2024.
ÖBB uses its Nightjet brand for night trains. The Austrians look to a future where more people will choose more sustainable travel by (night) train over low-cost air travel.
More on Nightjet and night trains
- Why the expensive ÖBB Nightjet is really not that expensive;
- The new Nightjet to Brussels is available for booking;
- ÖBB Nightjet Vienna – Brussels announces route and operating days;
- Reliving the era of the great railway journeys, travelling overnight on Nightjet;
- Malmö – Cologne – Brussels Night train;
- Night trains in Europe;
- Low-cost, long-haul trains to conquer Europe?.