DIVA is the museum for diamonds, jewellery and silver located near the main square or Grote Markt of Antwerp. Over the centuries, Antwerp has always held a unique and important position for the diamond trade in the world. Currently, DIVA’s permanent exhibition is undergoing a transformation. The museum will reopen on Friday, the 24th of March 2023.
Antwerp is turning renovating museums to an Olympic sport. The Rubens House, FOMU and now DIVA. But it reopens soon.
DIVA celebrates 575 years of diamonds in Antwerp with a renewal of its permanent collection presentation.
From 24 March 2023, DIVA invites the visitor to follow the journey of the main themes in the collection, diamonds, jewelry and silver. This journey starts in a brand new room where the visitor is introduced to the raw materials, zooms in on recent developments in the sector such as urban mining, upcycling and lab-grown diamond, and also learns more about the issues of ecology and ethics.
Next, the visitor meets the experts, the dealers, the makers and the designers, and finally the characters who wear the jewels or use the silverware. In this way, the museum tells a broader story from raw material to object, or from the mine to the ring in seven thematic rooms.
In addition, DIVA emphatically focuses on the craftsmanship that lies behind the objects. The creation and production process of the jewelry and silver objects is brought to life thanks to image and sound fragments. There is also more attention for contemporary jewelry and silver designers in the choice of objects. With interventions in the field of public guidance, the museum wants to lower barriers and appeal to a wide audience. For example, an introductory text in each room guides the visitor, there is a new audio tour and the highlights of the collection are highlighted centrally.
Art and museums in Antwerp
- Antwerp museums and sports facilities team up with European Disability Card for accessible leisure activities.
- FOMU 2023 | Reimagined collection, strippers – Nicaragua – Kurdistan and people touching each other.
- ANTWERP 2023 | MoMu fashion museum presents IO Van Oostveldt and Man Ray exhibitions.
- ANTWERP | Rubens House closed for renovation.
- Inside the KMSKA or Royal Museum of Fine Arts Antwerp.
- VIDEO | Inside the Royal Museum of Fine Arts of Antwerp.
- Museum Mayer van den Bergh.
- ANTWERP | ‘Stories of Refuge’ exhibition at Red Star Line Museum.
- 2023 at the museums of Antwerp.
- 2022 in the museums of Antwerp.
- ANTWERP | ‘Stories of refuge’ exhibition at Red Star Line Museum.
- ANTWERP | Inside Rubens House.
- ANTWERP | Garden of renovated Rubens House to be open air exhibition space.
- ModeMuseum MoMu – Fashion Museum Antwerp 2021.
- ModeMuseum MoMu – Fashion Museum Antwerp 2022.
- ‘Freight’ and ‘Listen’ exhibitions at MAS in Antwerp.
- ‘Masculinities: Liberation through Photography’ exhibition at FOMU, Antwerp’s photography museum.
- ANTWERP | Goshka Macuga’s ‘Figures of Absence’ honours underrepresented women in public domain art.
- Museum Plantin-Moretus in Antwerp.
- ‘Eurasia – A Landscape of Mutability’ exhibition at Antwerp’s M HKA modern arts museum.
- ANTWERP | Geert De Weyer Gallery, a space for illustrators’ and comic strip authors’ art.
- ‘Congoville’: contemporary artists walk colonial paths at Middelheim Museum in Antwerp.
- Antwerp’s Letterenhuis ft. Paul van Ostaijen exhibition.
- ModeMuseum MoMu – Fashion Museum Antwerp reopens on 4 and 5 September 2021 with ‘Fashion 2.021 Antwerp – Fashion/Conscious’.
- Museum Plantin-Moretus will exhibit long-lost illustration by Rubens: ‘Opticorum Libri Sex’.
- ‘100 X Congo’ exhibition at Museum Aan de Stroom (MAS) in Antwerp.
- ‘Cool Japan’ exhibition, Museum Aan de Stroom (MAS), Antwerp, 18 October 2019 to 19 April 2020.
- ANTWERP | Museum Vleeshuis up for restoration.
- REVIEW | ‘Cool Japan’ exhibition at Museum Aan de Stroom (MAS) in Antwerp from 18 October 2019 to 19 April 2020.
- BOOK | ‘Antwerp. An Archaeological View on the Origin of the City’ by Tim Bellens.
- ‘On the road’ at Museum Plantin-Moretus.
- Red Star Line Museum.
- Paleis op de Meir.
- DIVA, Antwerp Home of Diamonds.
- ANTWERP | Red Star Line Museum of (e)migration.
- ANTWERP | Museum Mayer van den Bergh is expanding into former District Hall.
- Antwerp’s Middelheim Museum rearranges sculpture park by the end of 2023.
One Comment Add yours