The chimneys, the roof and the facade will be renovated. The works start in two weeks’ time, but the scaffolding is already installed.
The Government of Flanders foresees 100,000 euros subsidies for the project which is being undertaken by Renotec. As the facade is listed, Monumentenzorg or Monuments Care has strict rules and procedures which have to be followed.
The interior will be renovated later.
More on the Stadsfeestzaal
- Shopping at Antwerp’s Meir, Stadsfeestzaal and De Wilde Zee with coronavirus countermeasures.
- PHOTOS | Antwerp’s Meir and Shopping Stadsfeestzaal gearing up for re-opening of shops.
- CORONAVIRUS | Shopping at the Meir and Stadsfeestzaal after 11 May.
- AREAS OF ANTWERP | Scheldekaaien or Scheldt Quays.
- AREAS OF ANTWERP | Zurenborg.
- AREAS OF ANTWERP | Cogels-Osylei between Berchem and Antwerp’s Zurenborg neighbourhood.
- ANTWERP | City forest, orchard and pond for Nieuw Zuid Scheldt Quays by 2024.
- Borsbeek to become Antwerp’s 10th district.
- VIDEO | The renovation of Antwerp City Hall.
- Antwerp-Central Railway Station to get new facade lights.
- Antwerp’s renewed Scheldt Quays at Loodswezen to get World War II victims memorial.
- ANTWERP | 2023-2024 Park Gedempte Zuiderdokken to have grass and water.
- PHOTOS | Het Steen, Antwerp’s new Visitor Centre.
- VIDEO | Walking the future Spoorpark between Zurenborg (Antwerp) and Borgerhout.
- 5 spots in Antwerp to soak up the sun for free.
- VIDEO | Sunset over Antwerp’s Scheldt river.
- Antwerp to be car-free by 2024?.
- BOOK | ‘Antwerp. An Archaeological View on the Origin of the City’ by Tim Bellens.
- Antwerp landmark Boerentoren to become Art & Culture Tower by 2027.
- Antwerp to get a pedestrian and cyclist bridge over the Scheldt.
- VIDEO | Bicycle ramp for Parkbrug at Park Spoor Noord / ‘t Eilandje in Antwerp opened.
- VIDEO | Antwerp researching old castle at Noorderterras.
- VIDEO | Pedestrian bridge in Antwerp’s Stadspark restored.
- Antwerp’s Rubens House to have new visitor centre by 2024.
- ANTWERP | Rubens House to close on 9 January 2023 and reopen in 2027.
- Noorderterras to become Kaailine, Antwerp’s New York-inspired High Line.
- Antwerp’s Droogdokkensite redeveloped into maritime experience area.
- Antwerp’s shopping street Meir to get a facelift.