Night train news! European Sleeper is not only looking for a train path from Ostend in Belgium to Prague in Czechia via Brussels, Antwerp, Amsterdam (Netherlands) and Berlin (Germany), but also a train path to Warsaw in Poland.
Night trains or sleeper trains are booming. Besides the Dutch company European Sleeper, there’s also the Belgian company Moonlight Express.
European Sleeper is working closely together with the Czech train operator RegioJet.
The notification to the Dienst Regulering van het spoorwegvervoer en van de Exploitatie van de Luchthaven Brussel-Nationaal / Service de Régulation du Transport ferroviaire et de l’Exploitation de l’Aéroport de Bruxelles-National or Regulatory Service for Rail Transport and the Operation of Brussels-National Airport has also been made public.
- Oostende (Ostend),
- Brugge (Bruges),
- Gent-Sint-Pieters (Ghent St. Peter’s),
- Brussel-Zuid (BrusselsSouth/Midi),
- Brussel-Centraal (Brussels-Central),
- Antwerpen-Centraal (Antwerp-Central),
- Rotterdam Centraal (Rotterdam Central),
- Den Haag Hollands Spoor (The Hague Holland Rail),
- Amsterdam Centraal (Amsterdam Central Station) OR Amsterdam Bijlmer ArenA,
- Bad Bentheim,
- Hannover Hbf (Hanover Main Station),
- Berlin Hbf (Berlin Main Station),
- Dresden-Neustadt (Dresden New Town),
- Dresden Hbf (Dresden Main Station),
- Bad Schandau,
- Děčín hl.n,
- Ústí nad Labem hl.n,
- Praha hl.n.
The Warsaw route with have the train split in Berlin Hbf and then go to
- Berlin Ostbahnhof (Berlin East Station),
- Frankfurt (Oder),
- Poznań Główny (Poznań Main Station),
- Łowicz Główny (Łowicz Main Station),
- Warszawa Zachodnia (Warsaw West),
- Warszawa Centralna (Warsaw Central),
- Warszawa Wschodnia (Warsaw East).
This Belgrade – Zurich link (EN 414) is a complicated cocktail of trains and rolling stock, combining the B 412, the EN 414 and the Nightjet 464. We think none of the coaches leaving Belgrade actually go to Zurich. So shunting is nothing to be scared of.
- European Sleeper announces Berlin and Prague as destinations.
- Moonlight Express to offer night train services between Brussels, Liège and Berlin from April 2022.
- The couchette and sleeping cars for the Ostend – Brussels – Amsterdam – Berlin – Prague European Sleeper by RegioJet.
- Moonlight Express to include bar / restaurant coaches and sustainable quality food on Brussels – Liège – Berlin night train.
- 2021, European Year of Rail.
- ‘Green Speed’: Train operators Thalys and Eurostar to become one.
- European Sleeper to launch night train services from the Netherlands and Belgium in April 2022.
- Nightjet Vienna/Innsbruck to Brussels, or how we got thrown off the train in Aachen.
- NIGHTJET | Austrian Federal Railways ÖBB and Swiss Federal Railways SBB-CFF-FFS present 2024 Austro-Swiss night train plans for Europe.
- Why the expensive ÖBB Nightjet is really not that expensive.
- Reliving the era of the great railway journeys, travelling overnight on Nightjet.
- How we plan a big rail trip.
- Ticket Distribution: the failure of railways to sell themselves.
- Malmö – Cologne – Brussels Night train.
- BOOK REVIEW | ‘Night Trains, The Rise and Fall of the Sleeper’ by Andrew Martin.
- To use night trains in Portugal and Spain or not?.
- Night trains in Europe.
- Low-cost, long-haul trains to conquer Europe?.
- Fly now before it’s taxed and consider using the train instead.
- A passengers train from Antwerp in Belgium to Shanghai in China?.
- Venice Simplon-Orient-Express comes to Brussels in June 2021 and April 2022.