Antwerp LGBTQIA+ bookshop Kartonnen Dozen is looking a new business manager or someone to take over the project. Current manager Johanna M Pas‘ health has been fragile for a while and it’s time to pass on the baton.
Kartonnen Dozen is an independent (neighborhood) bookstore, located in the Antwerp neighbourhood of Zurenborg. It has existed for 26 years, making it the oldest LGBTQIA+ bookshop in the Benelux. Kartonnen Dozen is the only LGBTQIA+ bookshop left in Belgium and in the Netherlands.
The bookshop has a carefully selected general offer and is specialized in LGBTQIA+ literature. Kartonnen Dozen is also a publishing house which has the purpose to expand the range of Dutch-language books with an LGBTQIA+ theme.
The bookshop has a large and loyal customer base within the LGBTQIA+ community and the Zurenborg neighbourhood.
Due to health reasons, the current manager, Johanna Pas, wants to retire after 22 years of managing Kartonnen Dozen.
Ulka Delbroek has recently started working in the store and as prospective buyer.
“We are looking for a partner for Ulka to join and continue this project. Ulka has (wide) experience in the book trade and a strong affinity with the LGBTQIA+ community.”
“It is our goal to work with two equal partners to organise the day-to-day operation of the store. Count on an average of two to three days of work per week. The exact division of roles, the financial commitment, etc…. are negotiable.”
If Johanna’s health allows it, she will be involved in the background. In the autumn, the bookshop will have to look for new premises.
Financial information about the company on request.
- Rainbow zebra crossings of Antwerp.
- Rainbow zebra crossing in Borgerhout.
- Antwerp’s LGBTQIA+ bookshop Kartonnen Dozen needs new location by September 2022.
- Antwerp’s LGBTQI bookshop Kartonnen Dozen looking for a new home.
- Antwerp’s LGBTQI+ bookshop Kartonnen Dozen wins Çavaria Media Award.
- City chronicle ‘De kleur van de stad maakt mijn ziel amoureus’ recounts Queer Antwerp history.
- ‘Masculinities: Liberation through Photography’ exhibition at FOMU, Antwerp’s photography museum.
- PHOTOS | Rainbows lit Antwerp.
- Flemish LGBTQI+ press support rainbow community in Ukraine.
- ALLEMAAL ANTWERPENAAR | Antwerp launches campaign to motivate citizens to stand up against discrimination and intimidation.
Antwerp Pride 2022 & Antwerp Queer Arts Festival 2022
- Antwerp Pride 2022 theme, programme and schedule.
- Antwerp Queer Arts Festival 2022 programme and schedule.
- ANTWERP PRIDE 2022 | ‘Trail of Stories’ from 1 to 31 August.
- ANTWERP PRIDE 2022 | Opening concert night at OLT Rivierenhof.
- Antwerp Queer Arts Festival 2022 from 5 to 28 August.
- Full edition ft. parade and festival days for Antwerp Pride 2022.
- Antwerp Pride 2022 from 10 to 14 August for a 15th edition.
- AREAS OF ANTWERP | De Gerlachekaai at the Scheldt.
- AREAS OF ANTWERP | Sint-Andriesplein.
- Antwerp Pride 2021: “Long time, no see”.
- MONKEYPOX IN BELGIUM | Darklands warns visitors, as gay men are more at risk.
- Darklands 2023 to and from Deep Space.
- Darklands 2022 programme, schedule, gym and concert – 4 to 9 May in Antwerp.
- ANTWERP | Darklands 2022 set to go ahead as scheduled on 4 to 9 May.
- Darklands 2022 hints at postponement.
- Darklands 2022 introduces Puppy Walk through streets of Antwerp.
- Darklands 2022: 4 to 9 May at Waagnatie, Antwerp.
- Darklands 2020 was the last dance before COVID-19.