European Sleeper and RegioJet could become an Ostend – Amsterdam – Prague night train. For RegioJet, it would be a logical decision. Treinreiziger.nl spoke to the Czech discount rail operator.
No decision has been made, says RagioJet spokesperson Aleš Ondrůj to the Dutch train travellers’ site. But the Ostend option is being considered.
A train path has been requested. A ‘train path’ is the equivalent of a ‘slot’ in aviation. It’s the time, schedule and space a train gets on the railway network.
The return trip would depart from Prague at 7.10 PM and arrive in Amsterdam at 6.01 AM, Brussels at 8.39 AM and Oostend at 9.56 AM.
The infrastructure companies will now take this request in consideration and give an answer by August 2021.
If run today, 6.04 PM is maybe a bit close to the 6.10 PM intercity service to Ghent Saint Peter’s and Antwerp-Central.
Ostend is by far new to international train travel. Ostend Railway Station was inaugurated in 1913 during the reign of King Albert I and linked ferries from the United Kingdom to the continental railway networks.
Speaking of Wagons-Lits, Ostend has a depot or rail yard with all the necessary facilities to host the RailJet coaches. In fact, the ES/RJ project might choose Ostend over Forest-Voitures / Vorst-Rijtuigen, as it could be cheaper.
- European Sleeper announces Berlin and Prague as destinations.
- Moonlight Express to offer night train services between Brussels, Liège and Berlin from April 2022.
- 2021, European Year of Rail.
- ‘Green Speed’: Train operators Thalys and Eurostar to become one.
- European Sleeper to launch night train services from the Netherlands and Belgium in April 2022.
- Nightjet Vienna/Innsbruck to Brussels, or how we got thrown off the train in Aachen.
- NIGHTJET | Austrian Federal Railways ÖBB and Swiss Federal Railways SBB-CFF-FFS present 2024 Austro-Swiss night train plans for Europe.
- Why the expensive ÖBB Nightjet is really not that expensive.
- Reliving the era of the great railway journeys, travelling overnight on Nightjet.
- How we plan a big rail trip.
- Ticket Distribution: the failure of railways to sell themselves.
- Malmö – Cologne – Brussels Night train.
- BOOK REVIEW | ‘Night Trains, The Rise and Fall of the Sleeper’ by Andrew Martin.
- To use night trains in Portugal and Spain or not?.
- Night trains in Europe.
- Low-cost, long-haul trains to conquer Europe?.
- Fly now before it’s taxed and consider using the train instead.
- A passengers train from Antwerp in Belgium to Shanghai in China?.
- Venice Simplon-Orient-Express comes to Brussels in June 2021 and April 2022.
Sources: Treinreiziger.nl, Wikipedia.