No, it’s not a regular night train service, but Flywise Travel is organising citytrips with chartered night trains under de brand GreenCityTrip. From the Netherlands to Venice, Prague, Milan, Vienna, Verona and Innsbruck.
The trips are only possible on specific days, as the trains are chartered. There’s room for 700 people per trip.
The first train departs 15 October from Breda to Prague. You can also board at Rotterdam Central, The Hague Hollands Spoor, Amsterdam Central, Utrecht Central and Arnhem Central. When the train returns on 19 October, the train then leaves for Venice, which also stops at Innsbruck and Verona.
Departure is guaranteed, unless COVID-19 countermeasures make leisure travel impossible.
Departure station Breda is not a coincidence. Breda is near Belgium and Flywise wants Belgian customers.
Flywise expects 40 to 60 people in the couchettes and up to 20 in the beds.
Trips are now offered for the period October to March. Depending on the sales, it will be decided how the expansion will proceed. The organizers also dream of an overnight train to Krakow, Copenhagen and Budapest.
Capacity has been requested for 2022 to Prague, Vienna, Venice and Milan.
- Prague on 15 and 23 October, 25 November, 9 and 20 December, 6 January, 3 and 18 and 26 February and on 10 March.
- Departure to Venice (via Innsbruck and Verona) in 2021 on 19 October and 11 November 11. In 2022 on 2, 13 and 27 January, and 11 February 11.
- Departure to Milan (via Innsbruck) in 2021 on 4 November 4 and 27 December. In 2022, departures are possible on 20 January and 22 February.
- Departure to Vienna in 2021on 18 November and 2 and 16 December. In 2022 on March 2.
- NIGHT TRAINS TO BERLIN | Stronger European Sleeper effectively takes over Moonlight Express.
- Moonlight Express and European Sleeper join forces under the brand European Sleeper.
- Malmö – Brussels night train to become Malmö – Brussels – Paris?.
- Moonlight Express wants a Barcelona – Perpignan – Brussels – Berlin night train.
- Ostende-Vienne Orient Experience plans tourist season night trains from Brussels and Antwerp to Salzburg, Innsbruck and Milan.
- Not only Prague: RegioJet European Sleeper preparing Ostend – Warsaw night train.
- European Sleeper announces Berlin and Prague as destinations.
- Moonlight Express to offer night train services between Brussels, Liège and Berlin from April 2022.
- The couchette and sleeping cars for the Ostend – Brussels – Amsterdam – Berlin – Prague European Sleeper by RegioJet.
- ‘Hotel on rails’ Midnight Trains to link Paris to Edinburgh, Brussels, Hamburg, Copenhagen, Berlin, Milan, Venice, Florence, Rome, Barcelona, Madrid and Porto.
- The couchette and sleeping cars for the Brussels – Liège – Berlin Moonlight Express.
- Moonlight Express to include bar / restaurant coaches and sustainable quality food on Brussels – Liège – Berlin night train.
- 2021, European Year of Rail.
- ‘Green Speed’: Train operators Thalys and Eurostar to become one.
- European Sleeper to launch night train services from the Netherlands and Belgium in April 2022.
- Nightjet Vienna/Innsbruck to Brussels, or how we got thrown off the train in Aachen.
- NIGHTJET | Austrian Federal Railways ÖBB and Swiss Federal Railways SBB-CFF-FFS present 2024 Austro-Swiss night train plans for Europe.
- Why the expensive ÖBB Nightjet is really not that expensive.
- Reliving the era of the great railway journeys, travelling overnight on Nightjet.
- How we plan a big rail trip.
- Ticket Distribution: the failure of railways to sell themselves.
- Malmö – Cologne – Brussels Night train.
- BOOK REVIEW | ‘Night Trains, The Rise and Fall of the Sleeper’ by Andrew Martin.
- To use night trains in Portugal and Spain or not?.
- Night trains in Europe.
- Low-cost, long-haul trains to conquer Europe?.
- Fly now before it’s taxed and consider using the train instead.
- A passengers train from Antwerp in Belgium to Shanghai in China?.
- Venice Simplon-Orient-Express comes to Brussels in June 2021 and April 2022.
- 2013 Scotland Rail Trip.
- 2016 America Rail Adventure.
- 2017 Eastern Europe, Balkan and Greece Rail Trip.
- 2018 Poland Trip.
- 2018 Rail Tour of France, Italy and Switzerland.