Antwerp Pride vzw, the organising committee behind Antwerp Pride, is obviously very happy with how Antwerp Pride 2022 proceeded. Would you have expected anything else?
This year’s theme, ‘Queertopia‘, invited us to look fifteen years into the future. But before contemplating 2037, there is 2023.
“After a short rest period, the organization will start the sixteenth edition of Antwerp Pride, which will take place again during the second week of August 2023”, a press release says. Duly noted.
So mark Wednesday 9 to Sunday 13 August into your – digital – calendars.
I wasn’t able to attend the pride parade myself, but Dennis did. He made photos at the purposely quiet Pride in Town and at the parade.
Since a few years, the organising committee of Antwerp Pride got the question if a more quiet spot can be arranged. Because, let’s face it, the parade and the Love United Festival are very crowded and very loud and they can be too much to handle.
So Antwerp Pride started Pride In Town, with ‘low key’ and ‘intimate’ performances.
The pride parade is the plat de résistance for any major pride. Antwerp Pride opts for the classic combination of floats and delegations on foot.
NGOs and charities such as Sensoa and Wel Jong; sports groups such as Active Compay; interest groups such as BSneax, bears, Polyamory Belgium; gay bars, clubs and bath houses such as Darklands, Club Random and Het Herenhuis; smaller businesses such as Flor Artes; bigger corporations such as Hays, political parties, a mutuality, culture organisations such as Opera Ballet Vlaanderen and Priscilla, Queen of the Desert; and the University of Antwerp.
The major mainstream media outlets had a communal float as well.
Thank you Dennis for the photos!
Antwerp Pride 2022 & Antwerp Queer Arts Festival 2022
- Antwerp Pride 2022 made big impact with Queertopia, monkeypox highjacked the festivities.
- Antwerp Pride 2022 theme, programme and schedule.
- Antwerp Queer Arts Festival 2022 programme and schedule.
- Antwerp Pride Parade 2022 route & map.
- ANTWERP PRIDE 2022 | ‘Trail of Stories’ from 1 to 31 August.
- ANTWERP PRIDE 2022 | Opening concert night at OLT Rivierenhof.
- ANTWERP PRIDE 2022 | Human Rights Friday.
- ANTWERP PRIDE 2022 | Antwerp Pride Parade on Saturday 13 August 2022.
- ANTWERP PRIDE 2022 | Love United Festival after the parade, at Cockerillkaai.
- ANTWERP PRIDE 2022 | Eurovision Song Contest royalty Johnny Logan at Antwerp Pride Closing Festival.
- ANTWERP PRIDE 2022 | Pride Village at Cockerillkaai.
- ANTWERP PRIDE 2022 | The 11 locations of the Trail of Stories.
- ANTWERP PRIDE 2022 | Pride Information Center at Stadsfeestzaal.
- ANTWERP PRIDE 2022 | Café Den Draak’s Midsummer Party at Draakplaats on Thursday 10 August.
- ANTWERP PRIDE 2022 | Ladies* party at Vrijdagmarkt on Friday 12 August.
- ANTWERP PRIDE 2022 | A quiet spot with ‘Pride in Town’ at Sint-Andriesplein.
- Antwerp Queer Arts Festival 2022 from 5 to 28 August.
- Full edition ft. parade and festival days for Antwerp Pride 2022.
- Antwerp Pride 2022 from 10 to 14 August for a 15th edition.
- AREAS OF ANTWERP | De Gerlachekaai at the Scheldt.
- AREAS OF ANTWERP | Sint-Andriesplein.
- Antwerp Pride 2021: “Long time, no see”.
- Rainbow zebra crossings of Antwerp.
- Rainbow zebra crossing in Borgerhout.
- Antwerp’s LGBTQIA+ bookshop Kartonnen Dozen needs new location by September 2022.
- City chronicle ‘De kleur van de stad maakt mijn ziel amoureus’ recounts Queer Antwerp history.
- ‘Masculinities: Liberation through Photography’ exhibition at FOMU, Antwerp’s photography museum.
- ANTWERP | LGBTQIA+ bookshop Kartonnen Dozen looking for new manager or takeover.
- Antwerp’s LGBTQI bookshop Kartonnen Dozen looking for a new home.
- Antwerp’s LGBTQI+ bookshop Kartonnen Dozen wins Çavaria Media Award.
- PHOTOS | Rainbows lit Antwerp.
- Flemish LGBTQI+ press support rainbow community in Ukraine.
- ALLEMAAL ANTWERPENAAR | Antwerp launches campaign to motivate citizens to stand up against discrimination and intimidation.
- Borgerhout flies intersex inclusive Rainbow Progress Pride Flag for IDAHOT.
- DARKLANDS 2023 | A-Stay to become official Darklands: The Hotel.
- Darklands 2023 from Tuesday 7 to Tuesday 14 March in Antwerp.
- MONKEYPOX IN BELGIUM | Darklands warns visitors, as gay men are more at risk.
- Darklands 2023 to and from Deep Space.
- Darklands 2022 programme, schedule, gym and concert – 4 to 9 May in Antwerp.
- ANTWERP | Darklands 2022 set to go ahead as scheduled on 4 to 9 May.
- Darklands 2022 hints at postponement.